Are you self-conscious about your smile? Do you habitually cover your mouth when you are in social situations? Many people who are embarrassed about their teeth find ways to hide them. If you can relate to this, you are not alone. Many of our Houston, TX patients have expressed similar concerns. If you are embarrassed to smile, we can help.
Maybe you have crooked teeth or stained teeth. Perhaps you have a front tooth that has become chipped. Maybe you have extensive decay or gum disease that is affecting the appearance of your smile. Or perhaps years of dental anxiety have kept you from maintaining optimal oral health. Whatever the reason, men and women in this situation often feel hopeless, and are afraid that the damage they have sustained is too extensive to be addressed.
At our practice, we understand the emotional aspect of dental care. Our compassionate doctors take time to understand our patients’ concerns, and do all they can to make them feel at ease and comfortable while they are under our care.
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, it can be nerve-wracking to think about making an appointment. Many people are afraid they will be judged at a dental office – that they will be looked down upon or talked down to – because of the health or appearance of their teeth. At Smile Time Dental, our entire team is passionate about helping people, and we make a daily commitment to bring positivity into the lives of each of our patients. Through treatments in restorative, cosmetic, prosthetic dentistry, and more, we offer a number of services that can restore your smile, your oral health, and your confidence.
Optimal Oral Health is Possible for You
Even if you haven’t been to the dentist in years, there are always ways to bring health, function, and aesthetics back to your smile. We offer a wide array of restorative treatments that can address damaged or decayed teeth. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Dental Fillings: These tooth-colored restorations can replace damaged tooth structure left behind after a cavity. In addition to strengthening the damaged tooth, these fillings blend in with your surrounding teeth for a beautiful, lifelike smile.
- Dental Crowns: If you have a deep cavity or large fracture, it can be repaired with a dental crown for a natural-looking result. This custom-made restoration is placed over the entire tooth structure to protect and strengthen it.
- Root Canal Therapy: In the event that the internal pulp of the tooth becomes infected, root canal therapy can be performed to remove the inflammation. The tooth can then be restored using either a dental filling or crown, which will provide you with a beautiful, natural-looking result.
- Tooth Extractions: As dental professionals, we are in the tooth-saving business. We prefer to keep natural teeth whenever it is feasible. Sometimes, however, decay or damage is too extensive, and the tooth must be removed. This will help preserve your other teeth and improve your overall health. If you need a tooth extraction, our doctors will talk with you in detail about your replacement options so you know exactly what to expect.
A Whiter, Brighter, More Beautiful Smile is Within Your Reach
Patients who maintain optimal oral health through brushing, flossing, and routine dental visits may still dislike certain aesthetic elements of their smile. We offer a variety of cosmetic treatments to help our patients achieve and maintain a bright, white, beautiful smile. Some of the most popular procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: If you are embarrassed about stained or yellowed teeth, professional teeth whitening is an excellent way to brighten your smile up to eight shades lighter.
- Dental Bonding: If you have chips, fractures, or slight misalignment, dental bonding can conceal those cosmetic flaws for a more symmetrical and balanced smile.
- Tooth Contouring: Commonly performed in combination with dental bonding, tooth contouring can reshape uneven or misaligned teeth for a more uniform appearance.
- Porcelain Veneers: These custom-made restorations can camouflage a variety of aesthetic flaws, including discoloration, chips, misalignment, gaps, and more.
Call Us to Learn More
Don’t let dental concerns hold you back from enjoying life. A simple procedure could be all you need to become confident in your smile again. To schedule an appointment at our office, call us at (281) 245-0711.